Saturday, March 7, 2009

pine cone dye experiment

This is the result of my pine cone dye experiment. It doesn't show to well in the pic. It is a yellowish beige color. I used old dry falling apart pine cones. I crushed them and put them into a quart jar, covered them with water and simmered on my wood stove for 10 days. I poured them in to my aluminum pot and added 2 cups of rubbing alcohol. I simmered this for 2 days and then strained it and then put the dye liquid back into the aluminum pot, added the yarn and simmered for 24 hours. I removed the yarn and air dyed with out washing, once dry I washed and rinsed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment