Friday, June 26, 2009

learning to spin wool

I would like to share my spinning teachers. I have been learning to spin through various means. I have watched some very informative spinning videos on you tube. I have learned some things from spinning blogs. I have checked out from my county library the video Hand Spinning Advanced Techniques by Mabel Ross. I had a 1 year 2007 subscription to Spin Off magazine. My favorite learning tool has been the DVD Spinning Exotic Fibers and Novelty Yarns by Judith Mackenzie. I knew that I wanted to raise Angora bunnies and goats, so I did alot of research through the Internet. I purchased this DVD before getting any Angora bunnies or goats. I have been spinning my Angora bunny wool using the technique from this DVD. I haven't spun any of the mohair yet, I have been washing my first fleece and dyeing some of the fiber. I am still learning and having fun. I hope this post is helpful to some.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am just learning to spin and dye. My first experiments have been very pleasing to me. Yours look lovely. I am going to have to try pine-cones as a dye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christa, I hope you have as much fun with it as I do.

    ReplyDelete